A symbolic statue of romantic love,Cupid has been around for centuries. Quite amusing,mythology would have you to believe that a winged boy with his bow & arrow is waiting in a tree or on a roof top ready to make a perfect match. According to myth,Cupid has been bringing couples together for centuries. Whether if it’s an act of fate or Cupid’s bow&arrow, single consumers and shoppers for decades has been an easy target for match making on Valentine’s Day. In any case,those who believed in the myth accused Cupid’s bow&arrow of being the culprit. Remarkably,Cupid’s bow has extended into modern day contemporary popular culture. Seemingly,on Valentine’s Day romantic love gets extra guidance with Cupid’s bow&arrow. Fact or fiction,with skepticism,at a young age,I grew up listening to the Cupid myth,and participating in the Valentine Tradition. Admittedly,as Ive confessed in so many instances,Im big on tradition and Valentine’s Day is one of those traditions I’ve loved dating back to my days in kindergarten when I didnt even know Cupid had existed. Personalized Valentine Day cards with the words To&From printed on each one that’s how I recall participating in the Valentine’s Day tradition,in class. As a matter of fact,on each Valentine’s Day during the years I attended Elementary school I’d hand out Valentine’s Day cards to classmates and friends. And in rare moments,I even shared a Valentine’s Day cupcake with classmates. To be honest,as a young kid,I hadnt been overly concerned or bogged down with the worries of meeting a boy on Valentine’s Day___,back-then,the day had been more about learning to share and enjoying the day. As I grew older,the Valentine’s tradition gained new meaning that equated to finding a mate. Boy meets girl___,Girl meets boy___,in an era of Smart phones and social apps finding love,making new friends,and building relationships has become a lot easier,less personal,and a whole lot easier for Cupid to shoot his bow&arrow. Who could of predicted that today Cupid’s bow & arrow would extend beyond the trees and roof tops into the social app realm making it easy for him to make a match and a love connection. The truth of the matter is Im not a psychic, so I honestly couldnt tell you what Cupid actually does on Valentine’s Day or any other day,nor do I know of anyone who could attest to his where abouts. Although,I have to admit, “Boy crazy” it’s what a few of my closest friends called me in middle school and high school,exactly whether or not Cupid had anything to do with my “Boy crazy” stage__ ,honestly,I couldnt tell you if I had been hit with an arrow,but I do recall taking a few archery lesson during P.E (physical ed) in middle school that didn’t go to well. Forty years later,with the Cupid myth in tact,and the Valentine’s Day Tradition big among consumers and shoppers,___ certainly,from all outward appearances I am a little bit older,less boy crazy and more socially conscious. Boys will be boys__with that being ingrained in my conscious,I still love boys__I just dont get psycho thinking about boys …aside from the skepticism,disbelief and apprehension,the truth remains dating social apps makes it easy for Cupid to do his thing Not surprisingly,nowadays , a lot of the dating social apps makes it easy for members to become an easy target for Cupid.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Hours & Info1-757-344-2862/1-757-768-7538Monday -Saturday
8am-12pm: 9am-1pm : 11am-2pm : 1pm-4pm : 2pm-6pm: 3pm-7pm: 5pm-8pm (Appointments Only)
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
My Life As Consumer Affairs Consultant
- 2017 June “Savor the Flavor & Get Twice the Luv”: June 16, 2017
- 2017 May “Savor the Flavor & Get Twice the Luv”: I’ve said some things and other things,(for all the things in between dreams & life_from the said …) May 16, 2017
- 2017 April “Savor the Flavor & Get Twice the Luv”: A note from life(the said & unsaid). April 16, 2017
- 2017 March“Savor the Flavor & Get Twice the Luv”: March 16, 2017
- 2017 February “Savor the Flavor & Get Twice the Luv”: February 16, 2017
- 2017 January “Savor the Flavor & Get Twice the Luv”:Wake up to the noise of life(sounds of life,light,&love). January 15, 2017
- 2016 December,Savor the Flavor & Get Twice the Luv:Y!!!15 days of Christmas, stockings,poinsettia,holiday shoppers along with “365 days of shopping…” and a Very Bright Pink New Year!@! December 5, 2016
- November Savor the Flavor & Get Twice the Luv: November 15, 2016
- 2016 October: “Savor the Flavor & Get Twice the Luv” A Link Between History and Tradition,Whatever you decide_ I’m doing Pink. October 15, 2016
- 2016 September “Savor the Flavor & Get Twice the Luv”: Never Give Up,Live for Tomorrow to be a part of the future;Believe,Hope,Inspire,Love, Pray,Celebrate Life, and Honor the Sanctity of A Birthday. September 15, 2016
- 2016 August,Savor the Flavor & Get Twice the Luv: A world a part,where I live,where I come from_A memoir &montage of Smartphone Photo Bombs. August 15, 2016
- 2016 July“Savor the Flavor & Get Twice the Luv: In and Out of Season,Fashion Speaks to the best and worst critic. July 15, 2016
- 2016 June“A Day & Life of Consumer Affairs Consultant”:Plan Ahead and Save the Date,A few words from a College Graduate. June 15, 2016
- 2016 May “A Day & Life of Consumer Affairs Consultant”:Two stories of Inspiration, First & Second. May 15, 2016
- 2016 April “A Day & Life of Consumer Affairs Consultant”: A powerful impression,Eye Candy one kind of Art. April 15, 2016
Author, Blogger,Educator, Motivator,FreeLance Writer,Social Connector,Virginia Notary Public,eNotary,Notary Signing Agent (NSA),Independent Consultant,Editor of the csaccac eNewsletter &Newsletter, Founder&President of csaccac Inc. Over ten years in Sales and Customer Relations,Independent Consultant/Personal Shopper(Consumer Affairs Consultant,Sales&Service Manager): At http:/ www.cacjohnson.com, I test different products varying from household supplies,cosmetics,electronics,and various food products. The overall goal of cacjohnson is to educate,assist and inform disenfranchise consumers and consumers with disabilities between the ages of 17 to 45 via internet and other social networking tools "---cacjohnson Summary of Qualifications: With over ten years in sales and customer care experience,I have worked in retail and customer service assisting consumers of all ages on various products. As a sales associate and supervisor, I have supervised 2 to 3 employees at specified times,trained new employees on store policy and procedures,observed other store managers in proper store operations, conducted the daily operations of several retail stores, and performed monthly store inventory.